Sunday, September 03, 2006

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.


Today, Dara and I went to San Diego. Despite the blazing heat, we had a lot of fun. It was more like San Diego, the light version, because we only had time to check out the zoo and the gaslamp district. Both were a lot of fun. The zoo was a brief study of crazy-looking mammals with various mating calls and displays of aggression. The animals were pretty interesting too. The heat slowed us down somewhat, but it was nothing a little bus tour couldn't help.

After the zoo, we embraced the bohemian lifestyle of the gas lamp quarter. We had a nice little italian dinner and then walked around and enjoyed the architecture and youthful vibe of downtown San Diego. All in all, a good day.


-Side note: I just heard a Jon Brion song over a WTC Memorial Site commercial. Interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger LTA said...

Dude, that's so funny. I just watched Anchorman on HBO today and, when he said that line, I totally thought of you (because I knew you would think that was funny, not because you remind me of a whale's vagina...well, sometimes you do, I guess).

How do you like that? My parenthetical aside is actually longer than my initial comment!

That's what she said...er...catch 22...oh, forget it.

11:30 PM  
Blogger LTA said...

What I meant to say is..."when in Rome..."

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home