Sunday, January 22, 2006

So much to blog, so little time. Let's start with NAMM


I have a lot to blog about, and a lot of catching up to do. I could go into detail about everything I’ve done this weekend, but my brother-in-law took care of part of my weekend quite well in this post, so I’ll let him do the honours. The only thing I’ll add about NAMM is how weird it was to see all the creators of all the boutique amps that I venerated for years. I saw the creator of Egnator amps, Mesa Boogie (which is a tired company, but Randall Smith is still a creative guy with interesting articles on his design process), and we hung out with Paul Cochrane, the designer of Heritage Amps.

I’ll tell you what: in Bobby Hartry’s capable hands, a Heritage Amp is a dangerous thing. Any amp, really. With the exception of Divided by 13, Heritage Amps are the only new amp out there than is doing anything I like. I was disappointed not to see a DB13 booth, but I saw just about everything else.

If you can see Lee Sklar, he can see you. If you can't see Lee Sklar, you may be only seconds away from death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home