Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Writer's Blog

I want to blog but I keep staring at my screen for several minutes at a time, with nothing appearing on it. There’s so much for me to say but the problem is, I keep thinking about all that’s going on (the inspiration for my would-be blogs) instead of actually writing it, and I retreat into a collapsing vortex of disconnected thoughts and stresses. Needless to say, there’s a lot going on. But for those of you hungry for the intellectual seaweed that is my opinion (hi Mom), I hope to be broadcasting soon. I just need some time to think.

Meanwhile, here’s a random thought from the archives:

Myke (or its lesser-known counterpart, Mike) is a highly functional name. It can be very formal or ostentatious (Michael), it can be a laid-back poker night kind of name (Myke/Mike), or it can be a cutesy name used by girlfriends and little sisters everywhere: Mykie/Mikey. Yup, even though Elizabeth has more variations (Liz, Betty, Beth, Lizzy, Ellie, yadda, yadda), Michael is the king of names, because each variation of the name has a different character to it. Thanks again, Mom.

Oh, and happy birthday Larry. I hope number 37 was a good one for you. Here’s looking on to 38.

2 Comments:

Blogger LTA said...

Thanks, Myke/Mike/Michael/Mickey/Mikey/Mykie/Miguel, etc.

I'm glad you were here to celebrate it with me. Also, thanks for Season 1 of "Lost." We'll have fun watching that, eh?

12:27 AM  
Blogger Myke said...

You're welcome. I don't know if I can make it through that initial crash scene. Hmmm...

Let's see: Larry, Laurence, um, Lar... that's all I got.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home