Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Also, check out

I was watching Law & Order, when a preview came on for a new NBC show about District Attorney Assistants. The music for the preview was from a band called the Gabe Dixon Band, and the song was "All Will Be Well." I bought it right away, and all will be well with you, if you do the same. And while I'm at it, check out Peter Salett's songs "heart of mine," and "after a while." It is a good time for TV and music... just not radio. Damn thee radio: damn thee to oblivion!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on how badly the radio sucks. I hate the radio more than I hate... anything I can think of. That and the music industry.

Way to turn art into a crappy marketable business... that produces garbage in audio format... you yuppie bastards.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Myke said...

Yes, it's true. The music industry sucks right now. But, as I said, at least there is still great music being made- you just have to look for it. That's another thing: people may want to debate the worthiness of digital compared to analogue, but at least digital recording has made it possible for good artists- who normally wouldn't have had the funds to make a CD- to get their music out. Same with the internet. Today, we can totally bypass regular musical channels. And thank God! Half the bands I listen to would never exist if it weren't for cheaper recording.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Straight!

I do prefer analogue, but digital has made inexpensive recording possible, so it's not all bad.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Dayray said...

I like that Gabe Dixon band! Good pick.

Love and Miss you!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home