Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Welcome Clinton

I'm sitting at my work desk, about 100 meters from former US President Bill Clinton and Toronto's downtown core is full of energy. As much, or more, energy than the last U2 concert to hit town. Bill Clinton is the modern day rock-star-politician. Say what you will about the man, he has charisma (which, in Republican language would be roughly translated as "machismo.") I understand the points of view of his detractors, but his magnetism is hard to deny, despite his past lifestyle choices.

Clinton himself put it best when he explained on Larry King, in response to a question about George W Bush, that it's easy to demonize someone in a position of authority. I respect that Clinton was president (as I respect that GWB is president). I admire Bill's charm and his media savvy and if I had the requisite dollars to see the man speak, I'd be interested to hear what the future first first-gentleman/lady of the US has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home