Thursday, October 13, 2005

Etiquette for your, um, brella


Today I was poked rather viciously by a man brandishing a large umbrella. In a moment of distraction, my assailant let his umbrella slip and, like a jouster’s lance, thrust his unassuming weapon into my chest. It wasn’t a crippling blow, but it wasn’t quite gentle either. So you must be wondering if he stopped and asked me if I was okay, or if he had time to because he was apologizing profusely, right? Wrong. Apparently I was in the poor umbrella’s way and the man could offer me no more than a terse, insincere, “sorry.” Excuse me? I’ve given better apologies to people who have stepped on my feet (as a proper Canadian should). If I had an umbrella handy at that moment, I could have quickly found a convenient place to put it. And then I’d open it, of course.

1 Comments:

Blogger LTA said...

It could have been worse. You couldv'e dropped your wallet before your chance encounter.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home