Tuesday, October 25, 2005

An open letter to Patrick Yap: Trader, Jameson International

Patrick,

Our professional affiliation has never been very friendly. I dislike you and you dislike everyone (or, so one would presume, given the way you treat the world). I generally try to find an equilibrium with the people around me. Even those I dislike, I treat with all the respect they afford me, so I guess it should come as no surprise to you that I have never respected you, though you still seem to scratch your head over that one.
You’ve gotten it in your head that I have some vendetta against you, in spite of last week’s explanation: it’s not that I’m the only person against you, it’s just that I’m the only person willing to speak up about it.

That Jameson has kept you on staff this long is a marvel to me and to my colleagues. I say my colleagues because you forfeited your association with your fellow workers years ago. Back when you were promoted to trader (read: traitor) and you promised your soon-to-be-subordinates that your relationship would remain the same, you started raising walls. The deal became the almighty aim and your personal relationships fell by the wayside.

You service your clients with a hasty incivility approaching insolence and you stress yourself out trying to meet your quota, all the while using employees as dishrags; you’re far too important to say thank you or please. I appreciate the challenges you face and the competition you fear but I don’t see any other trader acting with such disrespect for his fellow coworkers. A standalone incident I can accept, but I approached you at the end of a long line of transgressions to simply say to you: Patrick, I refuse to be stepped on any longer. And what did you do? You blame-shifted; you forwarded my letter to the President of the company, my Manager (and your friend) who still sided with me. I expect such childishness from you because I’ve come to realize, you are not a man; there’s actually a child lurking under that fetid pot-belly exterior of yours. And while you whine and taddle your way out of episode upon episode, the sword of Pericles dangles over your head. You can’t expect to build up such walls around yourself without them collapsing. Your time is coming.

Regrettably, I made this a personal conflict when you attacked my Christianity. I did so because I vehemently abhor condemnatory remarks like yours which implied that I’m not a Christian because of the letter I sent you. Christians get angry and say ugly things to ugly people; that’s what I am, and that’s what I did. As I said before, if you were the standard bearer of Christianity, I would run the other way, so I Thank God that you are not. You have no right to question my faith, and the hypocrisy of your deed boggles the mind. It’s also the reason for my fury, despite my best efforts to keep this personal and professional.

Patrick, I will not miss one second of my association with you. Indeed, my mind is now busy purging the filth of your memory from my banks. My world will be a better place without you.

6 Comments:

Blogger LTA said...

Bitch slap the Yap.

10:35 PM  
Blogger LTA said...

He got bitch Yapped.

10:36 PM  
Blogger LTA said...

Um...so...you don't like him?

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick seems like a pain and so your argument is valid! You are out of here in a couple of weeks so try not to think about work or work people.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Myke said...

larry,

after your post about your friend's passing, my quarrel seems petty, but yes, i suppose you could say i don't like patrick.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Evert Heskes said...

This guy doesn't seem to be worth the time and effort you have put into the letter. Better to just let it go and pray that God really gets a hold of him.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home