Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Goodnight kiss

It was a week heralded by painful goodbyes and the difficult task of pairing down all your belongings into two bags. It was a week of moving, of cleaning, of packing and unpacking; of hugs and kisses and 5ยข slot machines. It was a week of the 19th-story view, a goodbye kiss from the city that loved me. It was a week of trains and long moments staring out into the desert countryside; of watching the hills turn to shadows, the light disappearing behind them as my face appears, reflected in the window.

It is a day of hello tugs and hugs and tiny-lipped kisses. It is a day of wrestling and calzones, and then a yielding mattress waiting for me. It is a day of tender sunshine; a day of light wind and then soft, settling darkness; a hello kiss from the city that will grow to love me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dayray said...

You are defin. good with your words. I love and miss you. I will miss TO but I'm looking forward to warming winters and beaches in California.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home