Sunday, November 18, 2007

Disneyland adventures


I went to Disneyland on Friday with Dara, and our chance-encounter friends Rosio and Anthony. Having been to Disney (and its sister park California Adventure) several times, I was somewhat ho-hum about the prospect of going. I tend to prefer huge theme parks with sky-scraping rollercoasters that push back the skin on your face towards your ears. Disney is huge, but the rides are more tame.

I don't know if my tastes have changed with age, or whether I just abandoned my previous prejudices at the park, or if it's because we went on mostly (but not all) adult-oriented rides, but I had a great time. (See here for a great visual reference.)

Considering our proximity to Thanksgiving, I figured there would be a huge crowd, but there wasn't (not until the lights turned off, anyway). The queues were short (averaging ten minutes), and we were able to get on most of the rides, including, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, some Star Wars ride, Finding Nemo Submarine Ride, Indiana Jones, and Tower of Terror, the latter two which were a lot of fun!

The food was mediocre, but the company was top-notch, and the day was a lot more fun than I had anticipated. I guess it's a magic kingdom afterall.

Before I go, let me say Happy Birthday to Evert!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dayray said...

Next up: Universal!! When do you want to do that?

6:26 AM  
Blogger Myke said...

When it gets a bit warmer!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home