Sunday, November 04, 2007

Myke's Top 25 Favourite Beatles Songs

My brother-in-law, Larry, and I have been discussing our favourite Beatles songs for a while now, and while it seems like sacrilege to do this, I'm committing my favourite 25 to paper. At least as of November 4th. Because the beautiful thing about Beatles songs is that your favourites keep changing and growing. In fact, up until the forming of this list, my number 2 pick was my number 1. I don't think I need to justify these songs; they are what they are. I will say that, being a fan of top-10 lists, it's just wrong to try to condense such genius into 10 songs. Even 25 is a stretch. There are about 15 songs I left off the list I absolutely cannot live without. So, without further ado:

1-A Day in the Life

2-Hey Jude

3-Happiness Is a Warm Gun

4-Because (Anthology a cappella version)

5-I Want You (She’s So Heavy)

6-Across the Universe

7-Let It Be

8-Eleanor Rigby

9-I Am the Walrus

10-Martha My Dear

11-The Long and Winding Road

12-Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

13-While My Guitar Gently Weeps

14-Strawberry Fields Forever

15-Fixing A Hole

16-Hello Goodbye

17-All My Loving

18-Dear Prudence

19-Here Comes the Sun

20-Come and Get It

21-Something

22-She’s Leaving Home

23-Here, There, Everywhere

24-Sexy Sadie

25-Julia

1 Comments:

Blogger Dayray said...

"Here comes the sun" beat "Here, there, Everywhere"? That's just not right!! And "Because" should be number 1!!! Love you ;)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home