Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day



And for my 99th post here on blogspot, I would like to take some time to say happy birthday to my beloved Canada. 139 years ago today, the British North America (BNA) Act was passed, where the sovereign Dominion of Canada was recognized by British Parliament. This non-violent act of independance set the tone for this nation of peacemakers to make their mark on the world. And although Canada is often regarded as the knucklehead little cousin of the world, we have our proud moments on both a national and an international stage.

Life has taken me to different paths, but Canada will always be the place where I learned how to read and write, what is wrong and what is right, how to love, how to play and appreciate music; it's the the place I went to my first concert; went to school and fell in love with my wife. Canada might not be for everyone, but with all of these experiences, Canada will always be a part of me.

Happy birthday Canada- I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dayray said...

Why is Canada a "her"?

Happy Canada Day!!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home